Part-time Opportunity to work in our School Age Programs in Greene.
Our Group Leaders help with the implementation of all school age child care activities. They create a positive, nurturing relationship with children. Also promotes and supports the potential of all youth at site and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall after school childcare experience.
• AAS in Child Development, Recreation or related field OR HS Degree/GED and Two years direct experience with children under age 13 required.
• Submission of NYS Medical Statement of Childcare Staff Form documenting physician clearance to work in a childcare setting as well as TB Test which meets Health and Social Service requirement.
• Maintain 30 hours of childcare related training every two years. • Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens to be completed within 30 days of hire.
• Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills. Basic knowledge of computers.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Scheduled Shifts available are Monday through Friday (School Days)1:30 pm-5:30 pm. Willing to work as needed in Norwich on non-school days for Fun Clubs, hours vary from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm.
A copy of your license, diploma or certification will be needed prior to hire.