The Kids Gym is a fun and interactive space for children to run and play. There are several different ways to gain access to our Kids Gym facility.
Members are welcome to utilize the Kids Gym for Family Time any time there is not a program or Birthday Party in session. Children must be less than 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult at all times in order to use the Kids Gym.
Youth Watch *Coming Back this Fall
We will have specified times where members can bring their children to the Kids Gym while they utilize the facility. A staff person will have the parent sign the child(ren) into Youth Watch before going to another part of the building. Parents must remain in the building while their child(ren) are in Youth Watch and cannot leave their child(ren) signed in for more than two hours. Staff will not release your child(ren) to any other person unless written or verbal permission is given by the parent or guardian and proper identification is available. Staff will notify the parent or guardian via a building page to pick up a child, if the child is inconsolable for more than five minutes or has become ill. Parents will be asked to sign a Parent Agreement upon their fist visit. This form will be kept on file.
Youth Watch Hours:
Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm
The Kids Gym can be booked for private use for Birthday Parties. Reservations are made through the Member Service Desk. We ask that all participants respect the rules of the Kids Gym during private events.
If your child is a participant in one of our Youth Programs, they will have the opportunity to utilize the Kids Gym during the program hours. The Kids Gym will be reserved at certain times for program use.
Kids Gym Instructions:
- Snacks and drinks are not allowed in the Kids' Gym or to be served during the Youth Watch Program. Food and drinks can be enjoyed at the tables directly outside of the Kids Gym during Family Time.
- Shoes have to be removed and socks must be worn at all times.
- Children cannot be left unattended in the Kids Gym. They must be accompanied by a staff person or adult at all times.
- We thank you for your cooperation. I will help keep our Kids Gym clean and safe for everyone to enjoy.
Staff Supervision and Interaction:
- Staff interact with children at their eye level. Interactions are frequent. Most of the staff time is spent directly with the children.
- Staff speak with the children in a friendly, positive, courteous manner.
- Staff treat each child with dignity and respect.
- Staff and volunteers may bring their own child to the program only if the child is able to play independently, allowing staff to assume his or her responsibility to the remainder of the group.
- Staff greet parents, direct them to sign their child in and out, and share the details of the child's stay in the program.
- Staff guide children and redirect behaviors in a positive manner.
- Staff meet the basic needs of the children and make sure they are comfortable.
Health and Safety:
- Children who are ill may not participate in the program. If child(ren) is home sick from school they cannot be signed into the program.
- When parents sign-in, they are agreeing that the child has been healthy for the past 24 hours.
- Staff and children wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after wiping runny noses.
Parent Communication and Involvement:
- Information about the program is shared with all prospective users.
- Staff introduce themselves to new families and take a moment to explain the program.
- Staff share information with parents about the child's stay for Youth Watch.