We welcome you to utilize our 6-lane, 25 yd. pool to swim laps as part of your exercise program. There are several benefits to lap swimming; works your whole body, reduces stress, and improves cardiovascular health. Swimming is a non-weight bearing activity that allows you to workout in less time and burn more calories. You do not have to be an experienced swimmer to swim laps. To help you meet your aquatic goals we offer private lessons. Whether you need to focus on rhythmic breathing, stroke development, fears of the water, treading or other issues, we can help. (Due to COVID we are unable to offer lessons at this time.)
1 Length = swimming from shallow end to deep end of the pool
1 Lap = swimming from shallow end to deep end and back
1 Mile of Swimming = 72 lengths or 36 laps
Our Aquatics Director can guide you in reaching your aquatic goals. We have swim workouts available for all swim abilities and we would love to help you reach your fitness or swim goals.
If you have any questions about lap swim etiquette please speak with the Aquatics Director.
COVID Guidelines for Lap Swimming:
- Each member or guest must read & sign the YMCA COVID waiver.
- 1 person per lane unless in the same family unit (up to 10 people on the same membership)
- Masks must be worn in the YMCA, except when swimming or showering.
- If using a shower please spray it down after use.
- Minimum age for children to be in the facility without a parent is 7th grade. *must be actively engaged in an activity and cannot "hang out" at the YMCA.
- Water fountains are closed for drinking however you may fill up a water bottle from the bottle filler.
- Cleaning supplies are available for members to use while in the YMCA.
- Sauna & Whirlpool are NOT allowed to be open at this time.
- Social distancing is required throughout the building.
- You may bring in and/or use our equipment, please put YMCA equipment in designated area for proper cleaning when finished.
- You may utilize the pool lanes for lap swimming, individual water exercise or families (up to 10 people) may swim together in the same lane. (Families are defined as being on the same membership for verification.)